- (2-3 cups) Rice/Quinoa - cooked fresh or leftover
- (1-2 lbs) Ground Beef
- (1 cup) Corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- (1 can, rinsed) Black Beans
- (1 jar) Salsa
- (1.5-2 cups) Cheddar Cheese
- (half a large, diced) Onion
- (1 tbsp) Minced Garlic
- (1/2 - 1 packet, or homemade to taste) Taco Seasoning
- (2 handfuls) Spinach
- (1-2) Peppers
- (1 - 2 tbsp) Flour
If you don't have leftover rice or quinoa, start cooking it so that it will be ready to add in.
Cook ground beef until almost all the pink is gone, then add in onion, garlic, taco seasoning and flour. (I like to add in the flour so that the casserole isn't too "soupy" when the salsa is added in.)
Once the ground beef is fully cooked and onions are translucent, add in the black beans, corn, and peppers. Cook until soft.
Add in 1.5 cups of cheese to mix in, along with the rice and spinach. Stir until fully incorporated.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top to melt.
Top with sour cream, hot sauce, green onions, and taco chips.
Additional add-ins: shredded brussel sprouts and shredded carrots